Wednesday, July 25, 2012

working past a bad start

So I woke up this morning with a sore throat, a horrible headache, and other maladies not fit for writing on this page.

It was a "bad start".

I had to shuffle my schedule because I was to visit someone in the hospital and felt I might expose him to some of my physical woes; since he is in critical condition already, I did not want to add to his considerable pain and discomfort.

But I had to work.  Much to do after two weeks of being away.  No time to go back to bed--which I really didn't want to do any way--but onward and forward, as they say!

It's two hours later and I have had a productive morning.  My headache has subsided.  I am still wrestling with allergies and a sore throat, but I have worked past the "bad start" that seemed to threaten the whole day, and am now feeling as if I can survive!

Here's my point.  Sometimes the start of the day can define the rest of the day unless we intentionally change our mindset.  If we're sick, then staying home and caring for our physical needs may be what's needed.  But more often than not for me, it is a matter of gritting my teeth, praying to God for strength and grace for the day, and then, moving forward in anticipation of something better.

I've worked past my "bad start"; how about you?

2 comments:

  1. Hmm this is very nice, I have never found so impressive video on life coaching before, good effort, and yes, its right on the point of having a good life coach to get one's life going in the right and positive direction..

    www.instituteforcoaching.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Sometimes the start of the day can define the rest of the day unless we intentionally change our mindset.” – I couldn’t agree more. I also have my share of bad days, but every time I think of complaining, I simply remember the good things that have come my way. Surely, bad things can never outweigh the blessings.#motivational speaker

    ReplyDelete