Monday, September 17, 2012

Looking out the window

Because of some changes in our daily regimen effected by a burst hot water heater, I am sitting at my kitchen table looking out the window.  Not the normal place I begin my day.

Here's what I see...
*A new day literally birthed on the horizon with blue sky, beautiful golden hills, and a brightening sunlit landscape...

*An assortment of incredible colors, from deep magenta crepe myrtles to white roses, to a variety of dark and light-shaded green trees...

*A few humming birds whriling in place over the fountain on our otuside deck as if transfixed in time...

*A tranquil quiet view dotted with an occasional butterfly flitting past the window

*A large massive oak tree sheltering our yard with its large curvacious trunk providing it a strong foundation...

In the backgroud of my kitchen, plastic shields a portion of the house from us in an attempt to protect it from possible mildew and water damage.  The whirr of fans straegically-placed to dry things out is so loud we have to go upstairs to hear each other talk.

But it is a new day.  A new opportunity to welcome the challenges of life with a positive spirit framed by the look out my window.  Hope is on the horizon





No comments:

Post a Comment