Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A new office, a new perspective

I can look out from my desk window and see the semi-industrial area around me, dotted with rows of dressy metal buildings with offices and businesses inside.  It reminds me that I am no longer in the sleepy confines of Amador County.  The locals here would argue, however, that this is paradise, a far cry from the bustling highways of Los Angeles three hours away.

It's a new perspective for me.

And I'm in a  brand new office with an architect, a therapist, a driving instructor and a landscape material order business around me.  An eclectic group.

I've been asking myself, "Am I a new me"?  Everything about my life seems so different--no pastoral responsibility, living space reduced from 2200 square feet to 1200 square feet (three bathrooms to one), discretionary time, anonymity in a new community...?

Who am I really?

Here's what I am re-discovering about myself...
1.  I cannot not work.
2.  I cannot not serve God.
3.  I cannot not be involved in ministry.

It's how God hard-wired me.

Here's to semi-retirement and the opportunity to reaffirm who I am..and get about the fulfilling pursuit of God's work here in San Luis Obispo County.








2 comments:

  1. May God Bless you! I am sure He will.
    Love in Him,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you cannot work,you cannot serve God and cannot be involved in ministry as you used to but doesn't mean you cannot do it with a different way that God will show you. New beginnings,new people and new ways to serve the Lord .We miss you and the people there are lucky to have you.God bless you and show you the beauty even between the metal buildings.
    Steve and Despina

    ReplyDelete