Thursday, November 7, 2013

A heart for Haiti

I leave tomorrow for Haiti, my ninth trip in the last three years since God called me to go.  I am excited about sharing the Word with pastors and especially seeking to encourage them.

God has given me a heart for Haiti.  I would not have chosen Haiti as a place to go--but God impressed me in such a way that I can say with Paul, "Woe is me if I don't preach the gospel (in Haiti)..."  On the eve of my departure I have been reviewing my teaching notes, checking my suitcase, visiting with my wife...and imagining the faces I will see for the next seven days.  It is a privilege I cannot describe, a joy I can't deny.

What grabs your heart?  What compels you to give your best, to exhaust your resources, to be willing to be uncomfortable, to empty yourself without consideration of cost or pain?

Find that thing and give yourself unstintingly to it.  Discover a fulness in life that cannot be reproduced on any other level.

Have a heart...for something God births within you.

No comments:

Post a Comment