Thursday, March 8, 2012

Decompressing

I recently left on a  twenty-one day trip, focusing on Spring Training for the SF Giants in Scottsdale, Arizona.  Joined by our friends, Jerry and  Sue, we left Sunday after church and arrived here Tuesday evening.

Tired and up tight.

It takes me awhile to unwind and to decompress.  There us a interim period of time where I am putting all my work and worry aside--intentionally--and setting my mind on rest and relaxation.

Usually, arriving at that place requires a dismissal of pseudo guilt (I'm abandoning my work!), .a denial of my messianic complex (How will they survive without me?) and a detour from my penchant for being a workaholic (Where's my IPhone?).

Thankfully, my wife willingly assists me in this process!

So here's the deal.  I am going to five Giants' games in two weeks.

But, I am sleeping in, taking long hikes, relaxing with a book, sharing extended devotional time every morning with Beverly, playing an assortment of games with our friends,, sight-seeing...etc.

Decompressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment