Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Importance of Perspective

A single isolated act can be a dangerous trigger for change.

I know that personally.  An extended time of productive experience could potentially be undermined by a single act, a solitary decision.

If I let it.

I will not.  A reflective view of history reminds me of the multiple benefits and blessings I've received in this setting.  Kindness, love and support have been offered without solicitation.  I have been the recipient of much mercy and grace.

What is required is perspective.  What is the larger picture?  What has been the general modus operandi in my experience here?  Are there factors of which I may not be aware that could have been a catalyst for such a decision?

Singular events can make you feel like quitting.

Perspective--the broader picture--can save you from sudden change and concomitant bitterness.

Stay the course.  Don't pull the trigger.






No comments:

Post a Comment