Monday, August 27, 2012

"Bad weather" days

A storm blew in over the weekend.  It devastated Haiti with heavy flooding and, even as I write, threatens the Gulf Coast on the eve of the seventh anniversary of Hiurricane Katrina.

It was a personal "bad weather" weekend as my plans to fly to Haiti were disrupted and a much-anticipated trip put on hold.  Fortunately, I will travel later this week, with a different job description and a changed perspective.

Here is what I am learning...slowly, and reluctantly.

1.  Plans change.
2.  "Bad weather" days are inevitable.
3.  Flexibility is required.
4.  Sensitivity is critical.
5.  Faith in God helps face the challenge of change.

So I am traveling a week later, the victim of the hurricance season in the Carribean,  If I am going to plan trips there this time of the year, I need to be flexible and sensitive to the challnges that are an onoging part of this venture.  My faith in God, who miraculously opened this door of opportunity two years ago, remains constant and I'm excited to see what the "bad weather" creates for us in terms of expanded opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment