Monday, April 23, 2012

The Music fix

I am at my office today on my day off...what's wrong with that picture?

A morning of household chores, a short walk, and a cluttered mind...and so I am at my cousneling office doing some administrative work and seeking to clear my mind.  Some time getting things down on paper or, at least written into the schedule, helps me.

In the quietness of my office, however,  I felt almost haunted by my racing thoughts so I unleashed I-Tunes and am listening to Mozart.  What a peaceful and restful space my office has suddenly become!

Even the exercise of jogging is sometimes disquieting for me...until I put on my earphones, turn on my          I-Phone, and lose myself in my music.  It mutes my heavy breathing (which can be annoying) and allows me to replace my thoughs with the elixir of music's melodic strains.

Life's demands cannot sometimes be avoided.  Life's decibels are not easily drownded out.

If you're caught in that web of entanglement., try the music fix.  Transform your troubled world into a paradise of peace.

Even if only for a few moments...





No comments:

Post a Comment